httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Sargent" <coolboarder...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache/PHP/MySQL Install Issue
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 00:40:59 GMT
Hi All,

I have just tried installing apache and php and get the following
error when starting apache,

/usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl starthttpd: Syntax error on line 54
of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load
/usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so into server:
/usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory

I was following this page,

http://au2.php.net/manual/en/install.unix.apache2.php

and doubled checked my commands,

Apache:
./configure --enable-so
make
make install

but this is what is in the modules directory,

ls /usr/local/apache2/modules/
httpd.exp

PHP:
./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql/
make
make install

Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I am using Ubuntu but
wanted to do a source install.

Cheers

Mark Sargent

--

"Tell me and I'll forget, show me and I may not remember, involve me,
and I'll understand."

Native American Proverb