httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Moseman" <scmose...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite Rule Help
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 13:35:21 GMT
> Could yo ube more specific? Is the web application configured with /
> as base URL or with /portal/ as base URL? Do you want to hide the
> "/portal" path for your users, of for the web application?

Maybe my proxy configuration will give you more of an idea.  The site
has a custom port and /portal path, both of which we're trying to hide
through the proxy.  The RewriteRule was necessary because there's
references to absolutely paths in some of the code.

  ProxyPass / http://remotehost:8080/portal/
  ProxyPassReverse / http://removehost:8080/portal/

>> RewriteEngine On
>> RewriteCond  %{REQUEST_URI}  ^/portal/(.*)
>> RewriteRule  ^/portal/(.*)   /$1   [R]
>
> The rewriteCond is superfluous. The rewriterule will only match urls
> starting with /portal...

Ok.  I was under the impression I had to match a RewriteCond before
the RewriteRule would be called.

Thanks,
Scott