httpd-users mailing list archives

From Narendra Verma <narendra.ve...@impetus.co.in>
Subject [users@httpd] balancer-manager gui issue
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 14:55:34 GMT
Hi all;
I am using Apache2.2.8 as a load balancer (using mod_proxy) and tomcat5.5 as backend servers.
Now every thing is working fine but issue is in balancer-manager gui of apache.

For this I configured:
Location /balancer-manager>
    SetHandler balancer-manager
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
    # allow from particular host from where an user can access this balancer-manager GUI.
    Allow from 192.168.99.29
 </Location>

I write steps here where issue is coming :

1. Both tomcats are running.
2. Open balancer manager gui
3. This shows status properly
   means   'ok'
4. if I close one tomcat than for this it shows
       status  'err'
    then fine
5. if I again up tomcat that I closed recently
   and I refresh balancer-manager gui then again it shows status 'err' for that tomcat .
   even I open a new browser and hit to balancer manager gui still it gives status 'err'.

So issue is if I up the tomcat then this gui must change the status,
How this can be done or is it issue related to balancer manager gui.
Or can I change somewhat related to it.

Please reply its  a production issue..

Thanks
Narendra