httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ext_filter + negotiation?
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 19:07:27 GMT
On Fri, 30 May 2008 16:54:32 +0100 (BST)
Jonathan H N Chin <jc254@newton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Using debian's apache 2.0.54 and 2.2.3, I define a filter:
>
> 	ExtFilterDefine test \
> 		mode=output intype=text/html \
> 		cmd="/usr/bin/perl -pe 's/foo/bar/g'"

Presumably that's just illustrative (if that's what you want
to do, then using ext_filter for it is a terrible solution).

> I use it with:
>
> 	DocumentRoot /export/www
> 	<Directory /export/www>
> 		Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
> 	</Directory>
> 	<Location />
> 		SetOutputFilter test
> 	</Location>

As a general rule, using <Location> with local contents
is a bad idea, and may not work as expected.  That could
be your problem here, though I'm not sure.

> If I GET http://server/test.html, the substitution happens.
> However, if I GET http://server/test, it does not.
>
> What do I need to do to make substitution also work with
> content negotiation?

See the mod_filter documentation for better filter control.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/