httpd-users mailing list archives

From matt.fa...@gmail.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] exclude a subdirectory from authentication request
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 18:11:00 GMT
Use another directory stanza in your main httpd.conf which references the subdir you want unprotecting.
Perhaps .htaccess files are off - and with more than 100 directories, you should leave them
off, especially if some are nested.

-----Original Message-----
From: Caius <caiuspolgar@yahoo.com>

Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 08:20:55
To:users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] exclude a subdirectory from authentication request

im running an apache 2.2.4...
Server version: Apache/2.2.4 (Unix)
Server built:   Jul 30 2007 17:04:39

Below is my generic directory configuration
i need some help as im a little lost

i have put something like this in my httpd.conf file to protect all my web directory's with
user/pass

<Directory />
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Secure BOX"
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative On
AuthLDAPURL "ldap://localhost:389/ou=People,dc=testbox,dc=com"
Require valid-user
AllowOverride All
</Directory>

And as you know, subsequently all the directories below it are protected as well.
I need to keep this logic intact but UN-password protect a subdirectory "/users/public", so
i would like to exclude then from authentication mechanism

I have read that I could just put another .htaccess file in "/users/public" to override the
password protection from the httpd.conf file.

#.htaccess
Order Allow,Deny
 Satisfy Any
 Allow from all

I tried this but it didnt work, meaning that i was still requested for a user/pass

Is there some rules/if statement that i can put? or another method that could work the way
i want it?

PS: i have more then 100 directory's and i dont want to put separately in each an authentication
block and only in the directory/subdirectory where i want free access no authentication block

Best Regards
Caius

Toate cele bune,
Caius Polgar

#Deosebim doua tipuri de pedepse. Cu viata si cu moartea#