httpd-users mailing list archives

From "M. Scholten" <msc...@mschol.eu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] question
Date Sat, 17 May 2008 13:04:39 GMT
Do you have any program running that could possibly be using port 80?
If so, disable that program (or atleast change the port the program uses)

Regards,

mschol

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergey Pustovit [mailto:psergeyv@gmail.com]
Sent: zaterdag 17 mei 2008 5:37
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] question

Hello,
I am new to the Apache. I am trying to learn how to build the my own
website. I installed the  Apache and having problem staring it. The
responce that I get is:
"sergey-pustovits-macbook:Desktop sergeypustovit$ /apache2/bin/
apachectl start
(13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
(13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
Unable to open logs"

I did try to follow the two suggestions you have on your website to
solve this problem and I do not really understand in what directory
should I be to start this thing.

thank you

Best Regards,

Sergey Pustovit