httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Mast" <jhmast.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Log entry validity
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 19:39:57 GMT
I was wondering just how accurate the entries in the httpd logs are,
specifically whether or not they may be double counting some requests.

We developed an adserver for client and before we connect it to a database,
the only way we can count the number of times it has been called is by
searching the apache logs.  We've done this and the number of calls is just
about double what our client typically receives in terms of page views.  So
I'm wondering whether or not a single request from our client to our
adserver could end up logged as 2 requests (HTTP GET) in the apache logs.
All entries have a status 200 which means success so I don't think it's a
problem of some requests failing.

Thanks in advance.

Apache 1.3.33
Tomcat 5.5.17