httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Finkelstein" ...@stevefink.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Some mod_rewrite insight
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 23:43:07 GMT
Hi all,

Had a quick question with some rules that I'm having a bit of difficulty with.

Essentially I'm hosting a web application which follows the MVC design
pattern which relies on some mod_rewrite ninja in order to setup
proper internal routing.  The base of the ruleset that gets the
application bootstrapped looks like the following:

RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [L]

Straightforward.

I'm trying to introduce an additional rule that maps the following:

http://foo.example.com that reads the following http://www.example.com/foo

Unfortunately the only difficulty with the above, is
http://www.example.com/foo is the URL that works after inheriting the
rules I stated above, as it needs to route through index.php.  I've
tried something to this extent:

    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^foo\.example\.com$ [NC]
    RewriteRule . /index.php/foo [L]

This is causing status 500, etc.

If anyone has any suggestions, or wants to see snippets from
rewrite.log, perhaps that can work. If you see a straight out error,
that would help me a lot.

Thanks all.

/sf