httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess for script aliased directories‏
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2008 00:06:56 GMT
2008/4/25 Pam Astor <pamastor@hotmail.com>:

> > > [Fri Apr 25 15:35:18 2008] [error] [client 12.34.678.91] (2)No such file
> or
> > > directory: Could not open password file: /home/userdir/htpasswd
> >
> > That seems pretty clear. Your AuthUserFile directive is configured
> > incorrectly. It isn't pointing to an actual user file. You've obscured
> > the configuration in different ways pretty-much every time you've
> > posted it, which makes it impossible for me to tell you exactly what
> > it should be.
>

> I checked the AuthUserFile directive, and it's the correct name and location
> of the htpasswd file.

What EXACTLY does the AuthUserFile directive say? If it doesn't say
/home/userdir/htpasswd, then that means there is another AuthUserFile
directive or some other authentication module someplace in your config
overriding your setting, because apache see /home/userdir/htpasswd as
the location of the password file.

Joshua.