httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess for script aliased directories‏
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:53:21 GMT
2008/4/25 Pam Astor <pamastor@hotmail.com>:

>  > I gave you two very specific tasks to do to isolate the problem. Do them.
> >
> > Joshua.
>
>  OK, for 1, I requested a non existant test file and this is the result from
> the error log:
>
>  [Fri Apr 25 15:38:14 2008] [error] [client 12.345.678.91] File does not
> exist: /home/userdir/www/test

You need to request a non-existent file under awstats to make this meaningful.

> [Fri Apr 25 15:35:18 2008] [error] [client 12.34.678.91] (2)No such file or
> directory: Could not open password file: /home/userdir/htpasswd

That seems pretty clear. Your AuthUserFile directive is configured
incorrectly. It isn't pointing to an actual user file. You've obscured
the configuration in different ways pretty-much every time you've
posted it, which makes it impossible for me to tell you exactly what
it should be.

Joshua.