httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 13:03:56 GMT
On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 5:50 AM, Feraudet Cyril
<cyril.feraudet-ext@ca-sits.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a little problem whith apache 2.0.61.
>
> Regulary (twice by days), I can found this kind of message in my error_log :
>
> [info] removed PID file /appwebinet/logiciels/list/apache/var/httpd.pid
> (pid=6862)
> [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
>
> Apache seems restart, for an unknown reason.
>
> But some time apache shut down but don't restart ...
>
> After investigation there is not third processus who kill apache (no
> logrotate, ...).
>
> Why apache restart him self ?

The message is very explicit. Apache didn't restart itself. Sombody
sent it a SIGTERM. (Theoretically, it could send itself a SIGTERM, but
it will not do this in a standard install.)

So I suggest you look again at other processes on your system that may
be involved.

Joshua.