httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Why does type-maps rely on MultiViews?
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 03:00:19 GMT
On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 10:36 PM, Daniel Aleksandersen
<aleksandersen+apache.org@runbox.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
>  Why does type-maps rely on multiviews to be enabled? I can sort of understand why it
is required to match [../resource] with [../resource.var]. BUT as type maps are presented
as an alternate to multiviews in the documentation; I find it strange that it still requires
multiviews to work.

They are not required.

You can either use resource.var directly in your links (in other
words, expose that URL as your public address for the resource) or
change the name of your type-map file to just "resource" and use
SetHandler to mark it as a type-map.

Joshua.