httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nedeljko Vasic" <vasic.nedel...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Profiling Apache with LD_PRELOAD
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 09:22:36 GMT
I'm trying to profile Apache Web server 2.2.8 on my Debian machine.
Precisely, I need to measure mean values and standard deviations for each
system call. At this point, T'm using LD_PRELOAD environment variable to
create a simple imposer for system calls. I thought that using SetEnv
directive within httpd.cong will help, but it wasn't the case. It only helps
for cgi srcipts as stated here http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/env.html.
However, I still cannot catch any workers' activity. It seems to me that I
need to find a sanitization place, where children are created. So, I
inserted  setenv("LD_PRELOAD", "mylib.so",1) into make_child function of
./server/mpm/prefork/prefork.c but didn't get expected result. I think that
apache is keep cleaning environment variables elsewhere. Could you please
suggest my any potential approach, I'm pretty much desperate after a few
days working on this :) All comments are more then welcome.

Cheers,
Nedeljko