httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Phil Pinkerton" <pcpinker...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Convert "#" to Ascii "%23"
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 13:01:38 GMT
Need to convert "#" to "%23" when a # is in the URL path.

Example>  http://server.net/cgi-bin/application/app_1.pl?en=PROJECT_Name&pkn=20080526+-+Defect+#123456

This example shows in the http URL address just fine but beacuse of
the "#" is the first character in the defect sub-folder name the
actual page is not found because everything at the "#" is dropped.

How can I configure Apache to change the "#" in a path to its ascii
equivalent ( %23 ) ?

If I manually change it in the URL address line the page is displayed
just fine showing the folder content.

 Example2>  http://server.net/cgi-bin/application/app_1.pl?en=PROJECT_Name&pkn=20080526+-+Defect+%23123456

please advise

Phil

--
" The fundamental principle here is that the justification for a
physical concept lies exclusively in its clear an unambiguous relation

Please Feed and Educate the Children... it's the least any of us can do.