httpd-users mailing list archives

From "howard chen" <howac...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache dynamic page caching?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 02:59:31 GMT
Hi,

Are there any existing method for Apache which can do the followings?

E.g.

When a user first go to a page, www.example.com/article.php?id=123, my
PHP problem will
generated a static copy of HTML under a temp folder (e.g.
/tmp/article/md5(123).html), so following requests to the
page will not require SQL query, and my PHP will fetch the page from
cache directly.

However, given that Apache fetch a static page is faster the PHP, are there
any method for apache to look up the cache folder, and if exist, it
will skip the
PHP and fetch the page directly?

The trick I think is during URL rewrite, how to MD5() the query string
and map into
a file name.

Thanks.