httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Return of bug 14219 in version 2.2.8? (too many SSL VHs causes fopen to fail)
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:09:13 GMT

This is a great link - much insight revealed.... I will try the
extendedFILE facility when the server is a bit quieter.

> Any chance your 2.2.6 was 64-bit (-V) ?

All versions are definately 32-bit (checked with httpd -V).

> Or your config just barely
> breaks the 255 mark and 2.2.8 had a minor change that pushed you over
> the edge?

There is no change to the config between versions. But maybe, for given
number of VHs, 2.2.8 opens an extra couple of filehandles, compared to
2.2.6 - is that what you're wondering? That could be... I'll try to
count exactly the number of FHs in use in our config.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> --
> Eric Covener
> covener@gmail.com

or legally privileged information. If you receive this message in error, please notify the
sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system.
Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. The sender's company reserves
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks.