httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Aleksandersen" <aleksandersen+apache....@runbox.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Content negotiation and IE7
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 12:20:55 GMT
Fri, 04 Apr 2008 10:48:49 +0200 (CEST), Daniel Aleksandersen:
> Hi list,
>
> IE 7 and 8b, and newer versions of Safari sends HTTP "Accept: */*" headers. How to deal
with these browsers when working with content negotiation? I have three different types available:
> application/xhtml+xml; qs=1.0
> text/html; qs=0.75
> text/plain; qs=0.2
>
> For some reason, IE7 retrives the plain text version. I have been told Safari does the
same.

> I have a variant type map for the URI with source quality identifiers (as above). So
really it should use XHTML or HTML before falling back to plain text. The "DefaultType text/html"
is specified on the server too.

Could this be a collission between multiviews and a type-map?
--
Daniel Aleksandersen