httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Aleksandersen" <aleksandersen+apache....@runbox.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Content negotiation and IE7
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 08:48:49 GMT
Hi list,

IE 7 and 8b, and newer versions of Safari sends HTTP "Accept: */*" headers. How to deal with
these browsers when working with content negotiation? I have three different types available:
application/xhtml+xml; qs=1.0
text/html; qs=0.75
text/plain; qs=0.2

Fsome reason, IE7 retrives the plain text version. I have been told Safari does the same.

I have a variant type map for the URI with source quality identifiers (as above). So really
it should use XHTML or HTML before falling back to plain text. The "DefaultType text/html"
is specified on the server too.
--
Daniel Aleksandersen