httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pam Astor <pamas...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] .htaccess for script aliased directories SOLVED!
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:00:35 GMT

Thanks so much Danie!

I think the problem was the fact that I was not using double quotes
for my path in the <Directory> Tag.  I saw your earlier post - noticed you had them,
added them in, and set the path again to the script aliased path and it worked fine.

I was able to get it working with this simple tag:

<Directory "usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin">AuthName "MembersOnly"AuthType BasicAuthUserFile
"/home/userdir/htpasswd"Require user coderAllowOverride AuthConfig</Directory>

I had a hunch it was something simple.  Thanks so much!

I just setup awstats a few weeks ago and this setting works for me in the <VirtualHost>:

        Alias /awstatsclasses "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/classes/"        Alias /awstatscss
"/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/css/"        Alias /icon "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/icon/"
     ScriptAlias /awstats/ "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin/"        #        # This is
to permit URL access to scripts/files in AWStats directory.        #        <Directory
"/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot">        Options None        AllowOverride None        Order
allow,deny        Allow from all        </Directory>

        <Directory "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin">        AuthUserFile "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/mypasswordfile"
       AuthName "Awstats"        AuthType Basic        <Limit GET POST>
   require valid-user        </Limit>        Options None        AllowOverride AuthConfig
       Order deny,allow        deny from all        allow from 216.130.212        allow from
216.130.209        allow from 216.130.213        Satisfy any        </Directory>skill
meets World Series. Get in the game.
http://www.gowindowslive.com/Mobile/Landing/Messenger/Default.aspx?Locale=en-US?ocid=TAG_APRIL