httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Jones" <Jeremy.Jo...@s1now.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Controlling the size of the cache used by mod_disk_cache in Apache 2.2.8
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:20:41 GMT
Hi,

Apache 2.2.8 on Linux.

Is there a directive anywhere to allow me to control the size of the
cache used by mod_disk_cache?

>From httpd.conf

    # Apache 2 caching
    #
    <IfModule mod_cache.c>
    <IfModule mod_mem_cache.c>
    <IfModule mod_disk_cache.c>
        CacheRoot /usr/local/apache-common/proxy-80
        CacheEnable disk /images
        CacheIgnoreNoLastMod     On
        CacheDefaultExpire      600
        CacheMaxExpire         3600
        CacheDirLevels            3
        CacheDirLength            6
    </IfModule>
    </IfModule>
    </IfModule>

but my cache directory is growing and growing. I see MCacheSize but
that's only for Apache's memory cache, not the disk one.

Do I need to stop & start Apache & clear out the cache via cron, or is
it just controlled indirectly via the cachemaxexpire directive or ?

Many thanks.

This email has been scanned for viruses and other threats
using Newsquest's Ironport email filters

This e-mail, including any attachment, is private and
confidential.
It should not be read, copied, disclosed or otherwise used by
any person other than the intended recipient(s).
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately.
Newsquest reserves the right to monitor e-mails in
accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business
Practice)
(Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.

Newsquest Limited.
Registered in England, number 3105111 .  Registered office:
58 Church Street, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 8DP