httpd-users mailing list archives

From Vik Rubenfeld <v...@mindspring.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Search & Replace + Redirect with Mod_Rewrite?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:52:00 GMT
I need to change the variable names in query strings. This is because
I  need to get two different supplier companies talking to each other.
(One supplier uses variable names that the other supplier doesn't
recognize).

So I'm getting supplier A to send the URL to one of my domains, where
I can change the variable names in the query string, and then redirect
to the web site of supplier B.

For example, I'd like to change:

 > http://www.my_domain_name.com/wsb.dll/s/12345?DDR2=test_2_data&DDR3=
 > test_3_data

...to:

 > https://supplier_B.com/wsb.dll/s/12345?wsb5=test_2_data&wsb6=
test_3_data

Here's my current mod rewrite code, which gives me a "Internal Server
Error" message:

 > Options +FollowSymLinks
 > Options +Indexes
 > RewriteEngine On
 >
 > RewriteRule ^(.*)DDR2(.*)$ $1wsb5$2 [NC]
 >
 > RewriteRule ^(.*)DDR3(.*)$ $1wsb6$2 [NC,L]
 >
 > Redirect (.*)my_domain_name.com/wsb.dll/(.*) $supplier_B.com/
wsb.dll/$2

What is the correct way to do this?

Thanks very much in advance to all for any info.