httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Otávio C. Cordeiro" <otavio.corde...@tet.com.br>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem with sendfile on VMware ESX
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:31:57 GMT
<head>
</head>
<pre wrap="">Hi,

I was setting Apache (2.2.6) to run on a Linux ESX (VMware ESX 3.5)
but the environment is presenting some problems.

Every non-SSL connection with mime 'text/html' breaks on 255 chars.

$ curl --head <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://ip:non-ssl/">http://ip:non-ssl/</a>

Setting .html to be interpreted by the PHP (application/x-httpd-php)
everything goes OK and using 'text/html' with SSL the problem can
not be reproduced.

The solution I found is to use "EnableSendFile off" into the non-SSL
VirtualHost. It's working, but SendFile should be implemented on ESX,
since it's using a 2.4 kernel...

I checked it against other versions of Linux (Redhat Enterprise 4
and 5, SuSe Enterprise 9 and 10) and did not have any problems
(kernel 2.6).

Has anyone experienced something like that?

Thanks,

(keywords: EnableSendFile, VMware, ESX, Linux, Redhat)
</pre>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Ot&aacute;vio C. Cordeiro

</pre>