httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Ldap Bind (w/ mod_auth_ldap)
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:03:42 GMT
Both Apache 2 and 2.2 work with LDAPs that disallow anonymous access,
including AD, though you really need 2.2 for things to fully work as AD
will close idle LDAP connections and 2.0 can't handle its connections
being closed behind its back, whereas 2.2 can.

You do have to specify full DN and password in the Apache config, of course.

If you're wed to AD and have a stupid password change policy
(Sarbannes-Oxley is inane in this regard -- this just encourages
lower-quality passwords, writing down passwords, etc -- and appears to
have been little more than corporate welfare for security/IT consulting
companies in this regard), then you might try mod_auth_sspi if you're
running Apache on Windows.

--
Jess Holle