httpd-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel E <emmanue...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] The simplest of questions ...
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 05:42:49 GMT
<head>
</head>
you might want to look at a cgi scripts like this one, which i use. It
provides an upload/download area.&nbsp; you will need to configure
authentication in apache in case you want security, the script does not
do any authentication. i run it on an apache ssl server and use basic
auth. <br>
I cant seem to locate the original source. i suspect it is this one - <font
 color="black" face="Arial" size="2"> <b>Jeff's Scripts Archive: File
Upload</b> - <a
 href="http://www.terminalp.com/scripts/file_upload.shtml"
 target="newwindow">http://www.terminalp.com/scripts/file_upload.shtml</a>
but the domain seems to have expired right now.<br>
anyway i am attaching the script. i have made some very minor changes
to make it more useful.<br>
steve wrote:
PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
| changed the listening port to 8080 and now my webpage can be accessed
| via the net. Now I would like to have the ability to allow people to
| upload and download files, like an online file server. Any ideas
about
| that?
| Paul
you can do that now.
create a folder inside your /var/www directory (or whatever the server
root is ) fill it with what you want to serve.&nbsp; call it with
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://yourservername/yourdirectoryname">http://yourservername/yourdirectoryname</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;
you should get a listing of
whatever files you filled the folder with.
get an ftp server going on the same box and create accounts for whoever
you want to upload/download things to specified directories.
- --
Steve Reilly
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://reillyblog.com">http://reillyblog.com</a>