httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Neil A. Hillard" <neil.hill...@agustawestland.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Authenticating Proxy Server
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:33:09 GMT
Hi,

Nick Kew wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:28:19 +0100
> Roy Pearce <R.A.Pearce@bham.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>>> Sounds to me like a browser misconfiguration.
>>>
>> All I changed was the port number to point to a secure authenticating
>> proxy server.
>>
>> It appears that FF assumes the proxy server is talking HTTP when I
>> would like it to talk HTTPS.
>
> Sorry, I'm no expert on firefox.  Did you try its "about:"?
> I expect there's a plugin for it, it it really isn't builtin.
>
>>> HTTP digest authentication.
>>>
>> We can't use Digest as the password file is not on the same machine.
>> We use mod_auth_radius to connect to a RADIUS server (on another
>> machine) to check credentials against the ADF database.
>
> One of the changes in 2.2 over earlier versions is that the HTTP
> authentication method (Basic/Digest/Homebrew) is decoupled from
> the backend lookup (radius, in your case).  So that's no longer
> an issue, assuming the radius authentication module has been
> updated to use the new framework.

We (as Nick knows) had major problems with mod_auth_radius so we
commissioned mod_auth_xradius

http://www.outoforder.cc/projects/apache/mod_auth_xradius/

which should be fully compatible with Apache 2.2.

HTH,

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    neil.hillard@agustawestland.com
AgustaWestland                  http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
             views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.