httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Neil A. Hillard" <neil.hill...@agustawestland.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Error: [warn] Useless use of AllowOverride
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 15:18:20 GMT
Hi,

Mamta Singh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have apache2.2 and tomcat 5.5 installed. when ever i start apache
> server i got this warning:        [warn] Useless use of AllowOverride in
> line .....
>
> I checked these line numbers are in mod_jk.conf file which has been
> auto-generated by  tomcat. These lines are:
>
>     <Location "/servlets-examples/WEB-INF/*">
>         AllowOverride None   => on this line
>         deny from all
>     </Location>
>
>     <Location "/servlets-examples/META-INF/*">
>         AllowOverride None   => on this line
>         deny from all
>     </Location>

> Does any one have idea why I am getting this warning.

Yes - http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#allowoverride shows
that AllowOverride is only valid in a Directory context.  You're trying
to use it in a location where it doesn't make sense.

HTH,

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    neil.hillard@agustawestland.com
AgustaWestland                  http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
             views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.