httpd-users mailing list archives

From Florian Lindner <mailingli...@xgm.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Which user to run?
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2008 16:06:47 GMT
Hello,

in the default configurations I know apache runs as a dedicated users
(e.g. www). This user has no login shell set thus it is impossible to
login as this user and it usually has no home dir set either.
With my setup I have an (human) user hat has a login shell and
homedir. This users manages the data in the Document Root via SSH. The
problem that occurs within that setup is that files created by apache
are owned by user www thus read only to the human who manages these
files.

What is best way to cope with this problem?

Thanks,

Florian