httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nayman Felix-QA5535" <Felix.Nay...@motorola.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Retransmissions seen for HTTP GETs and POSTS
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:37:17 GMT
In some testing that I've done, anywhere from 1 to 10%  of HTTP GETs and
POSTs that apache receives are resulting in a TCP retransmission.  I've
captured a wireshark trace for these retransmissions and noticed that
the HTTP GET  or POST is being received, but no TCP ack is being sent
out resulting in a retransmission.  When the retransmission is received,
the ack for the initial GET or POST is finally sent back.  Has anyone
ever seen such a problem?  I don't see this issue with other TCP traffic
so it appears to be related to apache.   These tests were run with
Apache 2.2.4 and  on Linux 2.6.21.  If a wireshark trace would be
helpful I can provide one.  Thanks for any input.