httpd-users mailing list archives

From Narendra Verma <narendra.ve...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache dynamic page caching?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:21:56 GMT
Hi Howard,
1. Be sure to load following module

    LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so

2. Add following Header directive at the last of httpd.conf file.

    Header add Cache-Control max-age=3600              (in seconds)

Here we can decide that what is the maximum age of cached response.
If max-age passed then apache again sends request to backend(tomcat) for re-caching, if the
body of response is not found modified then 304 status is found means existing cache would
be used.If body changed then then it is re-cached. You can use any amount of time to decide
re-caching.

Thanks
Narendra

-----Original Message-----
From: howard chen [mailto:howachen@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 4:09 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache dynamic page caching?

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:

>  mod_cache.

The problem with mod_cache is when user update a page, how do I tell
the cache should be removed from mod_cache?

Currently I stored the cache in local file system and it can be easily
unlink() to force an update. In the context of dynamic page, I don't
have field such as last modifed or etag.

Howard