httpd-users mailing list archives

From Narendra Verma <narendra.ve...@impetus.co.in>
Subject [users@httpd] Once compiled code of apache2.2.8 on soalris machine can be reused for another solaris machine.
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:01:14 GMT
Hi all

Suppose I compiled httpd2.2.8 source on one Solaris machine. That means I run following two
commond ;

 1.  Config
 2.  make
After this I  want to use this compiled code into another machine. And want to run 'make install'
command.
But the problem is that if I give prefix with config like '/export/home/infra' then it would
be set in different file of compiled code under httpd2.2.8 source directory.
And suppose if I want to install apache at '/dev/dsk' location of another machine. But actually
this is already set at the time of compilation. Then how can I install it at new location.

Please give me idea to solve this problem.

Thanks
Narenra