httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] aptmpZbGOTJ files in apache CacheRoot
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:26:33 GMT
On 28.04.08 10:43, Richard Hubbell wrote:
> I must be missing something regarding the cache. The
> files written into CacheRoot directory are temporary.

depends on the meaning of temporary.

> Now I see that some temp files would be expected to be
> in CacheRoot but not after the cache has been
> shutdown.

No. The contents of cache may be valid, and while it's being used, it may
not be cleaned for a long time, independently of status of apache server.

those files represent http/cache objects, they are copies of objects on the
web. If cache user fetches image from a page, and the image is often used
and does not change, there is no need to clean it, ad it would be soon
re-fetched from websever and stored again (probably on the same place)...
Linux - It's now safe to turn on your computer.
Linux - Teraz mozete pocitac bez obav zapnut.