httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Authenticating Proxy Server
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:14:42 GMT
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:28:19 +0100
Roy Pearce <R.A.Pearce@bham.ac.uk> wrote:

> > Sounds to me like a browser misconfiguration.
> >

> All I changed was the port number to point to a secure authenticating
> proxy server.
>
> It appears that FF assumes the proxy server is talking HTTP when I
> would like it to talk HTTPS.

Sorry, I'm no expert on firefox.  Did you try its "about:"?
I expect there's a plugin for it, it it really isn't builtin.

> > HTTP digest authentication.
> >

> We can't use Digest as the password file is not on the same machine.
> We use mod_auth_radius to connect to a RADIUS server (on another
> machine) to check credentials against the ADF database.

One of the changes in 2.2 over earlier versions is that the HTTP
authentication method (Basic/Digest/Homebrew) is decoupled from
the backend lookup (radius, in your case).  So that's no longer
an issue, assuming the radius authentication module has been
updated to use the new framework.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/