httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Ljungblad" <christopher.ljungb...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Client certificate - handshake failed
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 19:51:54 GMT
Hi,
We are using Apache httpd 2.2.3 on Red hat linux and have a problem with our
client certificates.

In the ssl.conf file we have a configured a Virtual Host that listens to
port 444 that requires the client to verify a certificate.

<VirtualHost *:444>
<Location /servlets/*>
        SSLVerifyClient require
        SSLVerifyDepth 1
        SSLCACertificateFile /etc/pki/tls/certs/xxxxx_users.cer
</Location>

This works out fine, the client certificate can be choosen in the browser
and I can fill in the password and click "ok".
But the certificate is not validated correctly and the ssl_error log says:

[Tue Apr 08 15:25:23 2008] [error] Re-negotiation handshake failed: Not
accepted by client!?

What am I missing? I got this working in Tomcat using the exact same
certificate. Is there a way to keep the client certificate
handling in Tomcat.

Regards
/Christopher