httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hank <hes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] silent URL redirect/cloak with mod_rewrite
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:47:36 GMT
If the content is living on the same server as domainA.com (which it
apparently is in this case), then you don't want to proxy. There is no
need to create an additional HTTP request. You just instruct apache to
grab the file directly. So you want something like

> RewriteCond  %{HTTP_HOST}   ^domainA.com$
> RewriteRule   ^(.*)$  /home/user/public_html/siteA/$1
>
> If this doesn't work, tell us EXACTLY what happens: what do you see in
> the browser, error_log, and access_log?

I tried exactly that, and I'm getting an Error 500 (Internal server error).
I'll have to do more testing to figure out exactly what the problem is later
this afternoon.  Thanks for the assistance.

-Hank