httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tall Paul" <pbhew...@comcast.net>
Subject [users@httpd] The simplest of questions ...
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:00:42 GMT
I am guessing that this is the simplest problem there is but it has me stumped. I installed
Apache and PHP and ran the localhost tests and all is well. I have a static IP and I am behind
a US Robotics router in which I forwarded port 80 to this PC. I sent my IP (68.82.124.204)
to my sister and asked her to test the server. She put http://68.82.124.204 in her browser
and got the "page not found" message. So she tried http://68.82.124.204:80 and got the same
results. From what I understand I cannot access my own server via my own IP so that leaves
2 questions.
1. What does someone have to enter in a browser to access my server?
2. How can I test the connection short of using someone else's internet connection?

I googled the hell out of this problem and came up empty. Forgive me if this has already been
asked a bazillion times.

Tall Paul in Pa

Occam's Razor: one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required
to explain anything