httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] url redirection
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 16:32:10 GMT
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 7:08 AM, Melanie Pfefer
<melanie_pfefer@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello!
>  After configuring proxy_html_module, I used ProxyPass
>  as per
>  http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies:

>  RewriteRule ^/(.*TRE.*)
>  http://backend:8080/gqaf-web/$1 [P,L] does not work
>  either because the browser searches for the files in
>  the proxy htdocs instead of the backend webapps so it
>  displays File not Found

This is where you need to properly configure mod_proxy_html as per the
section "Fixing HTML Links" in the above referenced document. I'm not
a mod_proxy_html expert, so I can't give you the details off the top
of my head. But if you are worried about using RewriteRule instead of
ProxyPass, I don't believe that is a problem. All the other directives
should work the same.

Joshua.