httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Header unset Server
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:59:24 GMT
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Daniel Aleksandersen
<aleksandersen+apache.org@runbox.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
>  The below option spesified in the document_root/.htaccess have no effect.
>  Should it work? It may be my shared hosting enviroment that is messing up
>  this one. I see that all headers still have "Server: Apache".
>   Header unset Server

>   Header unset Content-Location

Because of where mod_headers acts in the request processing pipeline,
it is not possible to modify or unset many of the standard headers
apache uses for protocol compliance. I wouldn't be surprised if the
above two were in that category, although I haven't checked.

Joshua.