httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite/mod_negotiation/mod_dir interaction and SSI
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:57:22 GMT
On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 7:35 AM, Michael J Gruber
<michaeljgruber+apache@fastmail.fm> wrote:

>  Background:
>  I'm experimenting with per dir mod_rewrite although this stuff will end
>  up in server config finally, this may make a difference. I'm using rules
>  like

I'm not even going to read the rest of the question because of this.
Ordering and precedence issues behave very differently in server
config versus per-dir. And things are usually (although not always)
much simpler in server-config. So I don't see any point in testing one
when you intend to do the other.

Joshua.