httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Behind Proxy Trailing Slash Issue
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 21:02:42 GMT
On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Christopher Bianchi <chris@tactek.com> wrote:

>  The problem is that I have Apache (2.0.63) running behind a firewall on
>  port 8080. Squid (2.6b18) is the proxy running on port 80.
>
>  When Apache receives a directory request without a trailing slash, its
>  redirect includes its running port (e.g. http://myserver/dir is redirected
>  to http://myserver:8080/dir/). 8080 is user inaccessible and the redirect
>  fails.
>
>  How do I prevent Apache from affixing the port into the URL redirect? Does
>  Apache need to know that it's running behind a reverse proxy?

Normally the proxy is responsible for fixing this up (as the apache
proxy will do with the ProxyPassReverse directive). I'd guess squid
could do it with the right config.

But you can get apache to lie about its own name and port using something like
ServerName myserver:80
UseCanonicalName On

Joshua.