httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] ErrorDocument not working for HTTP code 413
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 20:57:20 GMT
On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 3:44 PM,  <Ramdas.Hegde@seagate.com> wrote:
 > Joshua,
 >

 >  > Is the 413 returned because you exceed the LimitRequestSize configured
 >  > for apache?
 >  >

 >  I am not using the Apache parameter but a WLS plugin parameter.
 >  I have set the MaxPostSize parameter within the WLS Apache plugin. I am
 >  assuming this causes the 413 to return.

 Well, that's a different story. Apache uses ErrorDocument only when it
 generates the error message itself. It will not override
 application-specific error messages (since this would often result in
 less-useful error messages). The one exception, as Nils points out, is
 that Apache can be configured to override back-end errors when using
 mod_proxy. Your plugin probably doesn't provide that capability.

 >  But if i attempt to upload a much larger file, say 600MB, i get a different
 >  response in the browser:
 >
 >  The connection was reset

 That's an entirely different story again. Something along the way is
 yanking out the network connection.

 Joshua.