httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Craig Huffstetler" <craig.huffstet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Host problems
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2008 20:41:58 GMT
Edwin,

Again, google.com is your friend. I can't stress this enough.

If you simply go to google.com and type in:
"windows apache no listening sockets available"
or try
"windows apache could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80"

And look at the top results, you will most likely find an answer. Did you
try this before writing to us? Research, again, is your best friend and how
you will learn. I can not stress. this. enough.

It looks like you have another service running on port 80. Do you have
another application, daemon or server running on port 80? Can you please
look into this. Perhaps go to:
START > RUN
Type in services.msc
And look for IIS or PWS and see if either are STARTED and/or running
automatically (if so, right click and turn them OFF and also go to
PROPERTIES and set them to MANUAL startup) or any other web server/services.

Please make sure these are shut down if you are planning on using Apache as
your primary web server. You can not have two web servers listening on port
80 at the same time. It's just not possible.

Sincerely,

Craig Huffstetler