httpd-users mailing list archives

From Res <...@ausics.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Order/Alow/Deny Performances
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 23:33:25 GMT
Hi All,

I'm curious if anyone has thoughts/experiences on system performances
for...

Overall <directory / >  is set as
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
...for security reasons

Each of our virtual hosts have the same, except 'allow from all' in their
respective '/var/virtuals/domain.name/www' directory blocks,

Now if all of the virtuals are under /var/virtuals, would there be any
more impact on responses over a single more higher directory block for
/var/virtuals, rather than putting the order/allows in each virtual host
block as we do now?

Just weighing up the risk of allowing everything under virtuals in a
single entry, against performace, with every domain having an entry for
their own www just to block out their own logs/ and non-web-accesible-storage
directories, in %99.99R cases they dont use their pvt store directoy.
Perhaps this is all moot as there is 0 impact?

Thoughts?
Thanks.

--
Cheers