httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hiep Nguyen <h...@ee.ucr.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd process
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 18:59:09 GMT
On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Hiep Nguyen <hiep@ee.ucr.edu> wrote:

>> > This is entirely normal. See:
>> > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/prefork.html

>> > What happens when you try to access that URL?
>>  The page cannot be displayed
>
> What is the exact text that appears in the browser? (I'm guessing it
> is the standard network failure error message, but I want be sure.)
>

>>  <Where are you accessing
>> > it from? What happens if you try to access http://127.0.0.1/ from the
>> > server? What does the Listen directive in httpd.conf look like?
>> >

>>  i don't have x windows install, but i'll install lynx to test.  i haven't
>>  change anything in httpd.conf yet.  i'll into next.  any advice what i
>>  should change???
>
> The most likely explanations for not being able to access a running
> server have nothing to do with apache configuration. I would check the
> Listen directive just to be sure. But the problem is more likely to
> lie with your firewall (either internal to linux or a separate network
> firewall) or with other network configuration settings.

i disabled SELinux, but still not working. there is no firewall between
10.0.0.160 & 10.0.0.128.

Listen 80

so, what might be wrong???

[root@dev www]# ls -all /var/www/
total 64
drwxr-xr-x  8 root      root 4096 Mar  3 11:44 .
drwxr-xr-x 21 root      root 4096 Mar  3 11:44 ..
drwxr-xr-x  2 root      root 4096 Jan 15 20:36 cgi-bin
drwxr-xr-x  3 root      root 4096 Mar  3 11:43 error
drwxr-xr-x  2 root      root 4096 Jan 15 20:36 html
drwxr-xr-x  3 root      root 4096 Mar  3 11:44 icons
drwxr-xr-x 14 root      root 4096 Mar  3 11:44 manual
drwxr-xr-x  2 webalizer root 4096 Mar  3 11:44 usage

should i change wwww to apache???

t. hiep