httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nils Jeppe <n...@pandemonium.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] content being served on the basis on incoming IP
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:14:08 GMT

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Szymon Bakowski wrote:

> I was just wondering about in order to find a solution to my problem
> but haven`t come up with final solution yet: what i am after is to be
> able to serve the content of different directories after hitting the
> same IP based on incoming IP. I was thinking about mod_proxy but am
> not sure if this is the way to follow. Also, SSL may be involved and
> here I suppose my idea may possibly fail ? All suggestions more than
> welcome.

You should be able to match for REMOTE_ADDR in rewrite rules, and take it
from there to access different "physical" directories. Say, something
like:

RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR}	10.1.1.1	[NC]
RewriteRule ^/(.*)		http://somehost.example.com/dir1/$1
[P,L]
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR}      10.1.1.2        [NC]
RewriteRule ^/(.*)              http://somehost.example.com/dir2/$1
[P,L]

etc. (You don't "really" need proxying, unless you access another host
of course.) This is from memory, didn't test it. I also think you may be
able to save the remote address to a variable and do something with that
in the "target" url.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Nils