httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nils Jeppe <n...@pandemonium.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ErrorDocument not working for HTTP code 413
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 02:32:42 GMT

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 Ramdas.Hegde@seagate.com wrote:

> I am using httpd 2.2.4 with BEA Weblogic plug-in for Apache.
> I have configured the ErrorDocument to handle HTTP return codes returned by
> the app. I have set a MaxPostSize attribute on the WLS plug-in to limit the
> file uploads.
> When i simulate HTTP status 413 for large file uploads by doing a
> multi/form-data post in my browser, though the plug-in/httpd seem to be
> returning a HTTP code 413  as is seen in the access log, the ErrorDocument
> that i have configured to handle this does not seem to kick in.
> The ErrorDocument does work for other configured error codes which means my
> webserver configuration is right.

Does it work for other error codes returned by Bea, or did you test them
"outside" the Weblogic application's mountpoint? I ask because we have a
similar setup (with Apache 2.0.x) and during my trials, no return code
returned from Bea whatsoever triggered the custom ErrorDocuments but it
worked fine for all other situations.

I found a workaround, but it was not specific to any particular return
code, and it is *quite* horrible, so I am interested to learn if your
versions of Apache + Bea-Plugin are better behaved.

(The workaround was to put a reverseproxy in front of the main
virtualhost, and activate ProxyErrorOverride for it so the reverse proxy
can serve the custom error documents instead. It works, but... it's not a
solution I am overly happy with.)

We did submit this as an issue to Bea, but unfortunately I never received
any follow up information after they accepted the problem report. If it
was indeed a bug with their plugin, and you use a very current version,
they may have (more or less) fixed it.

Best wishes,
- Nils