httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Donaldson <jdonald...@coe.ufl.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite to point to subdomain
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 19:19:15 GMT
I have several sites with URLs like main.server.com/mydir1/page1 and would
like to use subdomains so people could have their own personal domain that
maps to their directory.  For the above example, I'd like to use
subdomain.server.com/page1, but it actually pulls the content from
main.server.com/mydir1/page1 and rewrites the URL the user sees to
subdomain.server.com/page1.  It can't be a redirect as I'm using Drupal and
it delivers content based on the domain and it wouldn't know what to do with
subdomain.server.com/page1.  I've tried many things, but have failed.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.  I¹m running Apache 2.2.8.

John