httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tamer Embaby <Tamer.Emb...@itworx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Loadbalancing/stickysession/Source_IP
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2008 13:08:29 GMT
Yavor,

I'm not quite sure about how to setup proxy_load_balancer to stick
by source IP, but I guess you can install 2 frontend Apaches infront of your backends
webclients to be sure that those Apaches will always send beackend specific Cookie
header for your load balancer.  May be that would help.

Tamer

________________________________
From: Yavor Trapkov [mailto:yavor.trapkov@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2008 10:30 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Loadbalancing/stickysession/Source_IP

Hello,

I'm using mod_proxy balancer, and I need to redirect all requests coming from a user to the
same backend server.
Our application does not setup cookies and in this sense does not rely on sessions in order
to work with requests sent from webclients that reject cookies.
I set up my own session variable which I use for stickysession=SrvID, and roite=srv1,2,..
it seems to work, but I still need to cover cases if/when the webclient
does not use cookies.
My question is, how can I configure mod_proxy balancer to also use the source IP address to
stick to a particular backend server, without using cookies.

Many thanks