httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tamer Embaby <Tamer.Emb...@itworx.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.2 Loadbalancing/session stickiness for BEA WL 8.1
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:48:08 GMT
Hello all,

I have the below configuration on my Apache 2.2.8 test server,
my 2 backends are BEA WebLogic 8.1 servers, basically I'm testing
if I can achieve the same load balancing feature that third party
BEA WL 8.1 weblogic_module is doing.

I open a browser window and wnet to: http://myserver/ and keep on
reloading the page and each time Apache is redirecting me to difference
backend, another example when I try to follow a link on a page that was
served from backend1, it direct me to backend2 which immediately returns
404 since it doesn't have the requested resource (each backend is
serving different application for testing purposes).

It seems that Apache is performing round-robin all the way and
discarding JSESSIONID cookie variable.

Is what I'm trying to do supported by load balancer module in Apache
2.2, can I have Apache 2.2 to stick session of BEA WL 8.1, am I missing
any configuration?

cluster.conf:
<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName myserver

        <Proxy balancer://itcluster>
                BalancerMember http://backend1:7070 route=be1
                BalancerMember http://backend2:7020 route=be2
        </Proxy>

        <Location /balancer-manager>
                SetHandler balancer-manager
        </Location>

        ProxyPass /balancer-manager !
        ProxyPass / balancer://itcluster/ stickysession=JSESSIONID|jsessionid nofailover=On
        ProxyPassReverse / http://172.22.10.12:7045/
        ProxyPassReverse / http://172.22.10.10:7020/
 </VirtualHost>

Regards,