httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sailesh Krishnamurthy" <sailesh.kr...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Password authentication issues
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:52:53 GMT
Hi,

We tried setting up password authentication on one of the directories in our
apache virtualhost using a .htaccess file . we now notice that
the password authentication is working only for some users and not others.
Has anyone else noticed this. Ami I missing something here.
The directory and .htacess configs are as below:

    47   <Directory /ab/web/virthosts/abportal/prod/abcd>
    48     AllowOverride ALL
    49     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI
    50      Order allow,deny
    51      Allow from all
    52      AddType text/plain .txt
    53      DefaultType text/plain
    54      AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
    55  </Directory>

.htacess:

deny from all
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Password Required"
AuthUserFile /ab/web/virthosts/abortal/prod/abcd/passwd
AuthGroupFile /ab/web/virthosts/bbiportal/prod/abcd/groups
Require group abcd
Require user efgh
satisfy any