httpd-users mailing list archives

From Martijn <sweetwaterg...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] FilesMatch matching all but certain extensions
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:34:28 GMT
On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Joshua Slive wrote:
>  If you told us exactly what you are trying to do, we might be able to
>  suggest a word-around.

There are several things happening during Apache's request cycle:
session management, authentication, authorization etcetera, mostly
through mod_perl modules, all in a <Location />-directive. There is no
need to do all that for images (or .css files, .js files and some
more) and I have found images load significantly faster if I remove
the whole <Location /> block. (The rest of the site, obviously, then
stops working.) Which hopefully explains why I wanted to exclude these
files from the directive.

Of course, I can replace the Location-directive by a LocationMatch or
a DirectoryMatch and positively match all the locations or directories
that need to be 'handled'. Due to the directory-structure of our
server, I think regex negation would be a lot easier. If it were
possible in Apache 1.3 that is.

Martijn.